Friday, May 20, 2011

5th Grade Prom?!

Yes, you heard that right.  5th Grade Prom.  Sarah is one lucky girl to live in the city she does.  The city hosts dances for 5th grade students from all of the local elementary schools once a month.  The last dance of the year is a prom.  Tickets for this event go fast.  So, as you probably guessed, this mom had to get up real early on a Sunday morning and wait in line for over 2 hours to purchase her ticket.  It was worth it though with all the smiles, kisses, and hugs I received afterwards.  Sarah got all dressed up for the event.  We bought her a dress, shoes, and jewelry.  I straightened her hair and even let her wear a bit of makeup!  She went over to a friends house for before prom "cocktails" with other girls.  Then...a limo arrived to take the girls to the prom.  She had so much fun and is very spoiled!  I never had an event like this when I was in 5th grade!

Before Prom Cocktails with friends

Hair straightened

So excited!

Girls posing in front of limo


It's a party!

Off they go...lucky girls!

No comments :

Post a Comment