Thursday, June 9, 2011

Farewell elementary school...lookout middle school...

Aagghh...I have a middle schooler!  I am not sure when that happened.  She was just graduating pre-k yesterday, right?  A week ago Sarah finished her last day of elementary school.  It was great, yet emotional as many of her friends are going to a different middle school than her.  She didn't have much time to rest as she started middle school band camp on Monday.  After meeting with the band director a month ago and auditioning instruments, she has settled on clarinet.  She loves it and is having a blast at camp.  She has already met a few girls who she will be going to school with and has become fast friends.  She loves to practice playing her clarinet for us.  For not really knowing any notes, she sounds better than I ever did!  I don't think I've heard her squeak once!  She has a week and a half left of camp, then it will be her birthday and time for us to get ready for our UK/Ireland trip.  Here is a picture of Sarah and a friend with their instruments.


No comments :

Post a Comment