A little over a week ago I wrote a post talking about the progress in our kitchen and how some things, like new appliances, had to be put on the back burner because of the new A/C unit we had to have installed. Well sometimes, things have a mind of their own. Our new A/C unit was installed on Thursday. It is really keeping things nice and cool in here. On Friday morning, I noticed that the glass of milk I drank did not seem that cold. I just chalked it up to thinking that maybe it was just me. No one else in the house seemed to think that drinks were a little on the warmer side. By Friday afternoon, other items in our refrigerator seemed a bit off. I opened the freezer, got out Sarah's ice cream and saw that it was a nice, chocolatey soup. Yep, the refrigerator had once again bitten the dust. *A little background info: about 3 or 4 years ago we researched and replaced a part on it all on our own and the help of a YouTube video*. So…just when we can least afford to purchase a new appliance, it happens. The good news is that refrigerator gave up on a holiday weekend and all the stores were having pretty good sales. And we really weren't in the mood to figure out what needed to be replaced this time on a 15 year old appliance. Special thanks goes out to my brother who graciously helped us in our purchase of a new one. Long story even longer…my kitchen makeover list was just reduced by one appliance!
I have been pretty busy this summer with projects besides the kitchen. Here is the rundown.
Sarah's Bedroom
Sarah desperately wanted her room to reflect her personality as a teen. We painted her walls a light gray, moved her full size bed back into her room (she was using a twin trundle bed for the past 5 years), purchased new bedding and a "real" headboard and footboard. We still have a few things left to accomplish.
Sarah really loves her "new" room. It is definitely a sophisticated teen room and no longer a little kids room.
Sarah's Bathroom
In my desire to redo rooms, at the last minute I decided to repaint Sarah's bathroom. The walls are called Rock Candy (an even lighter gray than her bedroom). The wall color has started to grow on me, but the jury is still out. After I painted her walls, I then couldn't handle the orange cabinetry, so painted it the same color as the kitchen cabinets. The room is so light and bright now! There are still some things that need to be done in the bathroom.
Living Room/Dining Room
We purchased a buffet for the dining room. We really needed one as the corner cabinet that was holding all my china was about ready to fall over. The evidence of the strain the china put on it was the extremely bowed shelf. Talk about scary! Now that I have a buffet in there, I have a long list of to-do items.
I have a lot of thoughts and ideas running through my head. Most are DIY things that I could do. But, I need to end this long post. Sarah is off on a mission trip to New Orleans next week, so I will be busy, keeping my mind on other things. Not how much I'll miss her when she's not here. This is the first time she will be out of state without me, Chris, or another family member. My heart is excited for her, yet breaking for me. I know I'll worry the minute she leaves until the minute before she is back home. I just need to constantly remind myself that she is doing great things in New Orleans for those that need it. And that she is 15 now. This is just preparation for when she goes to college. Sigh...
I have been pretty busy this summer with projects besides the kitchen. Here is the rundown.
Sarah's Bedroom
Sarah desperately wanted her room to reflect her personality as a teen. We painted her walls a light gray, moved her full size bed back into her room (she was using a twin trundle bed for the past 5 years), purchased new bedding and a "real" headboard and footboard. We still have a few things left to accomplish.
Sarah really loves her "new" room. It is definitely a sophisticated teen room and no longer a little kids room.
Sarah's Bathroom
In my desire to redo rooms, at the last minute I decided to repaint Sarah's bathroom. The walls are called Rock Candy (an even lighter gray than her bedroom). The wall color has started to grow on me, but the jury is still out. After I painted her walls, I then couldn't handle the orange cabinetry, so painted it the same color as the kitchen cabinets. The room is so light and bright now! There are still some things that need to be done in the bathroom.
Living Room/Dining Room
We purchased a buffet for the dining room. We really needed one as the corner cabinet that was holding all my china was about ready to fall over. The evidence of the strain the china put on it was the extremely bowed shelf. Talk about scary! Now that I have a buffet in there, I have a long list of to-do items.
And the last thing on my "list" right now is the foyer. It's attached to the living and dining rooms, so it makes sense to add it to the list.
I have a lot of thoughts and ideas running through my head. Most are DIY things that I could do. But, I need to end this long post. Sarah is off on a mission trip to New Orleans next week, so I will be busy, keeping my mind on other things. Not how much I'll miss her when she's not here. This is the first time she will be out of state without me, Chris, or another family member. My heart is excited for her, yet breaking for me. I know I'll worry the minute she leaves until the minute before she is back home. I just need to constantly remind myself that she is doing great things in New Orleans for those that need it. And that she is 15 now. This is just preparation for when she goes to college. Sigh...




No comments :
Post a Comment