Friday, August 1, 2014

Band Camp

Our very first high school band camp has come and gone.  Sarah is doing Colorguard.  It was a difficult decision as she really wanted to play in the front ensemble, but chose Colorguard because as she put it "I get to dance and perform out on the field in a cool costume."  I chaperoned the entire 2 1/2 weeks of camp.  It was brutally hot out and the turf reached temperatures of over 120 degrees (cookies were even baked on the turf one day!)  But Sarah had a lot of fun and really seemed to enjoy it.  Last week was spent learning how to march, jazz run, count spots, and where their "dots" were.  This week they had themed days and finished up the first of four parts of the show.  The marching band show is Les Miserables.  It is going to be fantastic!  I can't wait to see the finished product.  Here is a collage of pictures from the theme week.  Hawaiian Day, Tye-Dye Day, Disney Day for Colorguard, Nerd Day for Freshman, and Show Shirt Day.

No comments :

Post a Comment