Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kitchen Makeover - Phase One

I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to change the look of the kitchen.  I was never really fond of the cabinet color (I was somehow talked into the orange-ish faux oak cabinets when we built the house).  During Winter Break, I got the itch to make the change.  I knew that it would take a long time to do and had a goal to complete "Phase 1" by the end of Spring Break.  The "Phases" go something a bit like this.



I am happy to report that the cabinets have been painted and the crown molding installed and painted.  All BEFORE the Summer 2014 "deadline".  We now have the summer to complete Phase 3 & 4 and maybe find something for Phase 5.  I would LOVE to get new appliances around Christmas time.  We'll see if that works out though.  That might be something put off as long as possible.

I don't have any "before" pictures handy of the kitchen.  But I do have a picture of Phase 1 & 2.



Still a lot to do.  But I'm happy so far.  And the white really lightens up the space.  I love a bright, cheery kitchen.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment