First, Happy Earthday! As a family we are trying to "go green". It's hard to change, but with baby steps, we are doing it. I got rid of the daily bottle of Spring water for Sarah to take to school and we now fill up a camelback water bottle for her. We also added a Pur water filter to our sink, so the water will taste a bit better. She loves her water bottle. We have almost changed all of our lightbulbs to the energy efficient kind. They are pricey, so we do a few at a time. We removed carpeting and installed wood flooring. As a result, we don't have to use the A/C as much because the house stays cooler. That equals less energy usage! WooHoo! As we are heading into summer, I hope this can continue. We also purchased reusable grocery bags. Now when we go to Publix and they ask paper or plastic, we hand them our own bag. We started a garden. We are also going to be making a rain barrel to collect rain water. It's funny to me that in going "green", we will be saving "green" in the long run. It's also funny that things we are doing now (drinking tap water, turning off lights, growing our own veggies, reusing water) are all things that my family did when I lived in PA. We are all going back to the simple life. And it's kind of theraputic! I know that there are more things that we have changed, but this is all I can think of right now.
Happy Earthday! Check out some of my favorite links listed under "Cool Blog Links" on the right side bar.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment