Thursday, April 30, 2009

Picked our peas / no more lettuce

A few days ago we picked all of the pea pods off of our plants. Sarah and I shucked the peas and there were just enough for Sarah to enjoy them as a side with her dinner. I think the peas are done though. There are a few places of new growth, but I think that between the bush beans and the squash plants, they are not getting enough sun. Oh well, at least we got something from them! And a lesson was learned, don't plant peas near big bushy plants. If you do...build a trellis for the peas to climb!

The romaine lettuce is done and it was good while it lasted. We are thinking of planting a new kind of lettuce in its place. I don't know if its too late though. Research...here I come!

No comments :

Post a Comment