Thursday, April 2, 2009

Removal of the branches and WORMS, not the good kind either!

We had someone come out on Monday and haul away all of the tree branches. Sarah had fun watching them put the tree branches into the wood chipper and then the chips of wood fly into the the dump truck. She thought it was pretty fascinating. My backyard now looks much better.

While inspecting my garden on Tuesday, I found holes in the leaves of one of my tomato plants. I suspected a worm of some kind and sure enough, the underside of the leaves had MANY tomato fruit worms! UGH! They even ate some of the flowering buds! I was humane at first and relocated them to the butterfly garden. But, this morning when I went out and found more, I decided that it was time to head off to the local nursery and buy some DT to get rid of them before they started eating my actual tomatoes that are growing. I also noticed that we lost our green pepper. :-( It was lying on the ground. I don't know if this was due to a bug or the high winds we had yesterday. I'm just sad. We have lots more growing on the the two plants we have, but this was our most mature one and the one I had been taking pictures of. Off to be mean and get rid of those pesky fruit worms!

No comments :

Post a Comment